Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 every registered provider must have a Statement of Purpose.
A Statement of Purpose is a document which includes a standard required set of information about a service. The Statement describes:
- The Provider's aims and objectives in providing the service
- The kinds of service provided
- The health or care needs the service sets out to meet
- The locations where the services are actually provided or provided from
- Details from the provider including their legal status, and any manager, including the 'address for service' for all registered persons.
Our Statement of Purpose can be found in this document:
CQC Statement of Purpose
The CQC make sure hospitals, care homes, dental and GP surgeries, and all other care services in England provide people with safe, effective, compassionate and high-quality care, and we encourage them to make improvements.
For more information, please visit their website: